From October 11 – November 8 the 2nd International Photo Festival Leiden will be held in the center of the historic city of Leiden. This festival offers a yearly stage to new photographers and is unique in its kind. Photographers, who graduated from a photo or art academy or school less than 5 years ago, can submit a maximum of 4 photos. An independent international jury (Wim van Sinderen, Maartje van den Heuvel, Rein Deslé, Jean-Jacques Almanza, Monique Beijaert and Christiane Kuhlmann) will select 20 photographers for the exhibition.
Submission requirements are (see our full conditions in pdf):
- Submission is open until august 15, 2014.
- Participants should be graduated from a European photo or art academy or school less than 5 years ago.
- Send in a max. of 4 photos (low-res jpg’s, max. 3 MB per photo).
The 20 selected photographers will be contacted in the first week of september to send in their full-size photo files (jpg, 300 dpi, longest side 25 cm).
- Additional text about the photographs / motivation max. of 400 words.
- Your resume.
- The selected 20 photographers will have the opportunity to exhibit in shops, art galleries and restaurants, so please keep an additional 6 photographs (full-size) ready.